New Job Opening: Medical Assistant
0 min read
Share this post
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians' instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Change dressings on wounds.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
- Inventory and order medical, lab, or office supplies or equipment.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- Set up medical laboratory equipment.
- Keep financial records or perform other bookkeeping duties, such as handling credit or collections or mailing monthly statements to patients.
- Operate x-ray, electrocardiogram (EKG), or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
Submit inquiries to Human Resources Management, Heal 360 Primary Care, PLLC, 2806 E FM 544 Wylie, Texas 75098, email@example.com