Common Reasons for Wintertime Urgent Care Visits
Wintertime is notorious for increased urgent care visits. It is the season for the common cold and many other health concerns.
Some of the significant health concerns in Winter that lead to urgent care visits include
- The Flu: Influenza is a commonplace ailment that you may get at any time of the year, but they are a lot more common during colder temperatures. While deadly only in extreme cases, it would be wise to get a Flu shot to avoid it altogether.
- Fever: Fevers, in themselves, are nothing but a sign that your body is fighting an illness of some kind. High fevers need to get checked, however, especially in children. It's always best to know what it is that your body is fighting and how it can do it better.
- Coughing: Coughing can be more of a nuisance than any serious concern, but winter calls for us to be vigilant. A cough might indicate underlying issues like pneumonia and bronchitis so it's best to get it checked urgently.
- Falls and Slips: Icy roads and pathways, especially stairs and ramps placed outside buildings, are some major causes of wintertime urgent care visits. Injuries related to trips and falls are more prevalent in winter.
- Physical/Sports Injuries: Injuries are already commonplace in Winter which may cause stress on athletes. Cold muscles and cold temperatures do not pair well and leave athletes more prone to urgent care visits.
It's always best to seek expert professional advice, even if it's just a cough or a fever, not least for your own peace of mind. On the other hand, Heal 360’s Urgent Care services are available to you 24/7 in case of emergencies.